Sunday 9 November 2014

Waimarino - A paddle

I slept in. Thats it, thats all to it. When one of my fellow paddles said (after I woke up) "OMG did you see that girl with the blonde hair fail or that boy with the black hair being a wuss and not going on the Tarzan Swing" I would reply with simple "No I did not". Well anyway I was rudely awakened by some other paddle. I was about to yell at them when a hand grabbed hold of me. I was jerked off the stand, I didn't mind though some people were rougher.

The girl put me in her kayak and was pushed off the dock. She paddled towards the boat on the left side of the river, she then started yelling at her friends and I suddenly realised how anti-warm the river actually was. She paddled fast and we soon rafted up, on her left side was a boy with brown hair and on her right side was a man with barley any hair at all. I must have fallen asleep again because I don't remember anything until she kneeled on her kayak then she started to stand. She looked around to make sure nobody was near her. She suddenly sat down and started paddling quite fast towards another one of her class mates, a girl. She bumped into the girls kayak the girl went over board and was thrown into the the chilly water. She cracked up laughing and she nearly fell of her kayak in the process, the girl that went over yelling "RACHEL". So I guess her name was Rachel.

When she next stood up of her kayak a different boy with brown hair raced towards her like a bullet, and at the last moment she spotted him and "tried" to sit back back. The key word here is tried, and he rammed into her full speed she fall overboard, and when she tried to get back up the kayak moved and it flipped over dragged me unwillingly with it. "COLD, COLD, COLD" I screamed in my head. Then the kayak and I were lifted onto another kayak and the procedure went about of getting the water out of the her kayak. The suddenly "Oh I got water in my kayak" was sounded and a quick "sorry" was replied.

We rafted up a couple more times then we headed back in and Rachel jumped out of her kayak. "Not again" I groaned in my head but she got back in her kayak but her friend that she had pushed out earlier wasn't so lucky so her friend held onto the back of the our kayak and the front of her kayak and we dragged her into the dock. All I could think about was hanging up in the stand and getting a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment