Thursday 26 June 2014

An Ant

We were standing on the side of the cross country track, tape and I. We were watching the cross country at Tauranga Intermediate School. I was cheering my favourite house Rimu, the red army ants. The year eight girls were getting ready to start there race next to Sophia across the front was Rachel, she was one of the only people who hadn't tried to stomp on my colony. Even though I was grounded I had snuck out to watch the race. 

Suddenly BANG!!!!!!, what was that I had wondered then I suddenly felt vibrations like a stampede I was about to yell out stampede when all the year eight girls ran past tape and I I was jumping around and everybody started cheering I thought my antennae were going to burst! I only saw Rachel from all the paint on her legs and the red "scar" that she had over her right eye. Then they all went out the gate and then nothing.

When I was paying attention again I saw a lot of people down the finishing shoot then I saw Rachel lots of people were cheering her on and she was high fiving a lot of them. She sprinted past a girl in Matai and ran across the finishing line, she came 19th and I was cheering for her the whole time but it probably only sounded like a minute squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment